Airport as Economic Catalyst
An overview of the economic benefits the Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport has for the local community.
Latest Fares From Ithacalearn more
- The Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport contributes more than $30 million annually to the local economy. To read more about our economic value, please read our 2008 Annual Report.
- The Airport served more than 182,000 passengers in 2008.
- Airport business impacts equal more than $13 million annually.
- The total number of aviation related jobs created is almost 400 with a combined payroll of more than $5.3 million.
- The Airport is financially self-sustaining in a manner similar to a private business enterprise.
- Airport expenses are paid from revenues generated by:
- Airlines and other aviation users
- Concessionaires providing services to passengers
- Airport Parking Fees
- Capital financing for Airport improvements is derived from FAA grants, Passenger Facility Charges, and Public Improvement (Serial) Bonds.
- Air Transportation Benefits - Time Saved, Costs Avoided
- Stimulation of Business - Supplements Regional Business Activity
- Aeromedical Evacuation - Life-saving Activities
- Pilot Training
For a complete overview of the economic benefits the Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport has for the local community, please view our PowerPoint presentation.
- Economic Impact of Airport on Ithaca (392 kB)